School Notebook Access Program - SNAP
Home » SNAP
2018/19 SNAP Device options
Why Purchase a SNAP Computer Bundle?
Pinehurst School has researched successful laptop programs in NZ and recommends the Toshiba Portege Convertible tablet device for the following reasons
- Business Grade laptop, engineered and constructed to handle the rigours of an education environment.
- Business grade products rank as one of the most reliable devices consistently returning the industries lowest mean time between failure rates.
- Typically SNAP laptops are designed last students for 3 years
- Recommended SNAP devices come with a standard 3 year parts and labour warrant. The Toshiba Portege X20 and HP Probook 430 are also bundled with a comprehensive accidental damage cover to further protect your investment and extend the lifecycle. Microsoft Go product warranty has been extended to include 3yr next day replacement cover. (does not include accidental damage)
- Commercial grade battery designed to power the unit from a full charge for the entire school day.
- Business grade wireless adapters are optimised to more reliably connect to campus Wifi.
- The Toshiba Portege is the very latest Ultrabook/Convertible tablet and embodies digitiser technology and a stylus for pen based learning.
- Pen based learning is becoming more and more prevalent in education environment as applications develop.
- The Device will be configured by Pinehurst IT department with Windows 10 Enterprise operating system via our Microsoft Schools agreement for optimal network connection. Devices must be reinstalled with the level of operating system originally supplied with the device (often Windows 10 home edition) when Students leave Pinehurst School.
- Loan units are available to students in the SNAP programme